11.0586 Ekstein book, salt workers & Babelfish

Tue, 17 Feb 1998 21:03:52 +0000 (GMT)

[1] From: Geoffrey Rockwell <grockwel@mcmaster.ca> (17)
Subject: Book

[2] From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@english.uga.edu> (34)
Subject: Re: salt workers

[3] From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@english.uga.edu> (51)
Subject: Babelfish output

Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 12:51:28 -0500
From: Geoffrey Rockwell <grockwel@mcmaster.ca>

Dear Hans,

Regarding the book you were looking for. I think it is:

Author
Eksteins, Modris.
Title
Rites of spring : the Great War and the birth of the Modern Age
Imprint
Toronto : Lester & Orpen Dennys, 1989.
Description
xvi, 396 p., [16] p. of plates : ill. ; 24 cm.
Subjects
World War, 1914-1918 --Influence
Civilization, Modern --20th century
ISBN
0886192005
0395498562--rel

Yours,

Geoffrey Rockwell

[and thanks to the others who responded with the same citation -- WM]