11.0191 Ph.D. in humanities computing

Mon, 28 Jul 1997 20:33:17 +0100 (BST)

Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 11:50:36 -0500 (EST)
From: Jeff Finlay <FINLAYJI@GUVAX.ACC.GEORGETOWN.EDU>
Subject: Ph.D in Humanities Computing

> I would like to know if any English Departments have, among their areas of
> specialization for Ph.D. students, one for computer applications in the
> humanities

The American Studies Program at University of Virginia has an MA
program that is centered around hypertext and hypermedia publications
as an expression of interdisciplinary scholarship. Alan Howard is the
coordinator. See their fab website at http://xroads.virginia.edu for
more info

I think the English Dept at UVA has similar emphases. Other than this,
I'm sure the rhetoric/composition programs at Michigan Tech, Texas
Tech and some of the other well-known rhetoric schools have the kind
of thing you are describing.

Jeff

Jeff Finlay, Administrator
American Studies Crossroads Project
http://www.georgetown.edu/crossroads

Need info about jobs, fellowships, conferences, neat resources?
Check out http://home.dc.lsoft.com/archives/opportunities.html

Humanist Discussion Group