9.341 text to image

Humanist (mccarty@phoenix.Princeton.EDU)
Sat, 2 Dec 1995 00:07:40 -0500 (EST)

http://www.princeton.edu/~mccarty/humanist/

[1] From: Judy Koren <judyk@actcom.co.il> (14)
Subject: Re: 9.331 text to image?

> I am looking for a fast, efficient way to generate GIF images from text
> files that contain both proportional and non-proportional type. I have used
> Corel Draw, but apart from the peculiar ways of this program, it does not
> seem to be able to export small-sized type successfully. When I try with,
> say, 8 pt. I get black blobs, not legible text.

There's a freeware image editor called Lview or Lview Pro which can take
practically any file and save it in any image format. I use it to convert,
for instance, .bmp files to .gif or .jpeg for use in Web pages. You can
also add text to a picture, change the size, color, etc. etc of the
picture, and so on. I've never used it to save a *text* file as an
image but I'd be very surprised if it had a problem doing so.

Perhaps someone has tried it out? If I were at my own PC I'd try it out
now and tell you, but I won't be able to for about another week.

Judy Koren, Haifa.