9.0004 Call for Papers: Reception of Classical Texts (1/65)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Sun, 7 May 1995 14:17:35 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 9, No. 0004. Sunday, 7 May 1995.

Date: 5 May 1995 16:58:16 +0000
From: "S.A.Rae (Simon Rae)" <S.A.Rae@open.ac.uk>
Subject: CFP - Reception of Classical Texts

Please excuse me mailing you in this way ... a colleague in the Arts Faculty at
the Open University asked me if I would help her to give this call for papers
as wide an audience as possible. I hoped that, by getting it posted in your
forum, this would be achieved.

Thanking you in anticipation

Simon Rae
Simon Rae, User Services Officer, | S.A.RAE@OPEN.AC.UK (Internet)
Academic Computing Service, |
The Open University, Walton Hall, | phone: (01908) 652413
Milton Keynes, MK7 6AA, United Kingdom. | fax: (01908) 653744

Please excuse any cross-posting.

The Open University - Milton Keynes, UK
Faculty of Arts - DEPARTMENT OF CLASSICAL STUDIES

First call for papers.

A CONFERENCE on the RECEPTION of CLASSICAL TEXTS
is to be held in JANUARY 1996 in the UK.

Offers of papers are invited on any aspect of the reception of
Classical texts, images and ideas both within antiquity and
subsequently.

Offers of papers from those wishing to report on work in progress or
to explore the teaching implications of Reception research are just as
welcome as from those aiming at immediate publication. We also welcome
submissions from postgraduates and from groups as well as individuals.
If you have any queries, please contact Dr Lorna Hardwick at the
address shown below.

Publication of conference proceedings:
It is hoped to publish the proceedings of the conference
electronically in March 1996. If you wish your paper to be considered
for publication in the proceedings, please indicate this when sending
your abstract. Those selected at this stage will then be asked to
submit the full version of their papers by September 1995 for
consideration by the Referees panel in advance of the conference.

Papers will be limited to 30 minutes maximum. Please send abstracts
(no more than one side of A4) by 31st May 1995 to:

Dr Lorna Hardwick
Department of Classical Studies
Arts Faculty
The Open University, Walton Hall