7.0565 CCCC Online (2/107)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Sun, 13 Mar 1994 20:41:16 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 7, No. 0565. Sunday, 13 Mar 1994.

(1) Date: Fri, 11 Mar 94 09:46:37 CST (65 lines)
From: Eric Crump <C509379@MIZZOU1>
Subject: CCCC Online is online

(2) Date: Fri, 11 Mar 1994 09:14:47 -0500 (42 lines)
From: Tharon Howard <tharon@hubcap.clemson.edu>
Subject: Re: CCCC Online

Date: Fri, 11 Mar 94 09:46:37 CST
From: Eric Crump <C509379@MIZZOU1>

It's a start...

Every year, about a third of the Conference on College Composition and
Communication membership makes it to the convention. Probably that's
a fairly good attendance rate, especially considering the persistent
anemia suffered by so many travel budgets. But just because it's
typical doesn't mean we have to be satisfied...

With the kind permission of this year's program chair, Jacqueline
Jones Royster, and with the help of numerous colleagues, I put
together four files with convention (and related) information in
them. They are available to anyone with an Internet or Bitnet
connection (file fetching instructions below).

We offer this tiny slice of the conference not as a substitute for
being there, but as gesture toward better inclusion. In an
increasingly networked world, we can often find ways to peck away at
the limitations geographic distances and financial constraints put
on our ability to interact as a community. This is a modest gesture,
perhaps, but perhaps it's also the beginning of future efforts that
will be more effective. I hope.

--Eric Crump

* * * * * * * * * *
The four files are:

CCCC94 CALL The text of Jacqueline Jones Royster's Call to
Convention as published in the Convention Preview
guide.
CCCC94 ONLINE The text of a proposal asking the CCCC Executive
Committee to, in some fashion, support a more complete
online conference in conjunction with the 1995
convention.
CCCC94 SAMPLING A selection of abstracts offered by presenters at the
convention in Nashville.
CCCC94 RHETNET An online flier announcing the development of a new
netjournal devoted to rhetoric and writing--not
specifically or officially tied to the convention, but
some CCCC members might be interested in joining the
effort.

To get any of these files, send email addressed to:
listserv@mizzou1.bitnet
or
listserv@mizzou1.missouri.edu

leave the subject line blank, and in the first line of the note, put:
get <filename> <filetype>

So, to get the Call to Convention file, type:
get cccc94 call

to get the CCCC Online proposal, type:
get cccc94 online

and so on. After typing the 'get' command, send the note as you would
any other email message.

If anyone has trouble getting these files, write to me at:
LCERIC@mizzou1.bitnet or LCERIC@mizzou1.missouri.edu