7.0224 Rs: Politics of E-Text; Future Libraries (2/64)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Mon, 4 Oct 1993 15:16:57 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 7, No. 0224. Monday, 4 Oct 1993.

(1) Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1993 07:59:18 -0500 (EDT) (24 lines)
From: mccarty@epas.utoronto.ca (W. McCarty)
Subject: Politics of Electronic Text bibliographized

(2) Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1993 20:47:48 -0400 (EDT) (40 lines)
From: HDOW@delphi.com
Subject: Future Libraries

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1993 07:59:18 -0500 (EDT)
From: mccarty@epas.utoronto.ca (W. McCarty)

My apologies for the table of contents & strong recommendation of The
Politics of Electronic Text without the bibliographic information. The
missing follows:

The Politics of Electronic Text. Ed. Warren Chernaik, Caroline
Davis, and Marilyn Deegan. Office for Humanities Publications, No.
3. Oxford: Office for Humanities Communication, Oxford Univ.
Computing Services, with the Centre for English Studies, Univ. of
London, 1993. ISBN 1 897791 04 6.

It is, as I said, available from OUCS, 13 Banbury Road, Oxford
OX26NN, for 5 pounds, but I do not know about shipping charges. A note
to CITTEXT@VAX.OX.AC.UK might do the trick.

I wonder (mischievously in public) if an electronic publication might
not be possible. The book is, however, handsomely produced, and so
very reasonable for the price.

Willard McCarty