7.0223 Rs: Teaching; Balzac-l; Kudology (MLA) (3/61)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Mon, 4 Oct 1993 15:14:33 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 7, No. 0223. Monday, 4 Oct 1993.

(1) Date: 27 Sep 93 02:53:32 GMT (13 lines)
From: johnstonj@attmail.com (James Johnston )
Subject: Re: 7.0201 Qs: Teaching in the University; Literary Agent

(2) Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1993 09:54:36 -0400 (EDT) (26 lines)
From: allegre@ERE.UMontreal.CA (Allegre Christian)
Subject: list BALZAC-L

(3) Date: Sat, 2 Oct 93 20:26:52 CST (22 lines)
From: "Jim Marchand" <marchand@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Subject: Kudology and computers

Date: 27 Sep 93 02:53:32 GMT
From: johnstonj@attmail.com (James Johnston )
Subject: Re: 7.0201 Qs: Teaching in the University; Literary Agent (2/40)

not as surrogate teachers, but rather as a means to enhance discovery --
I sent Humanist a copy of three articles written by a Long Island High
School teacher who has used WordCruncher and the electronic OED as a
means to assisting twelfth grades to develop critical thinking skills.
While certainly not a panacea, the approach has met with success and
excitement.

JWJ