6.0532 As: Seminar; CELJ (2/83)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Thu, 18 Feb 1993 16:01:25 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0532. Thursday, 18 Feb 1993.

(1) Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1993 08:08 EST (35 lines)
From: MORGAN@LOYVAX.BITNET
Subject: Women in the Renaissance: Patrons and Poets

(2) Date: Thu, 18 Feb 93 15:40:01 -0500 (48 lines)
From: PS<pschmid1@cc.swarthmore.edu>
Subject: CELJ

Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1993 08:08 EST
From: MORGAN@LOYVAX.BITNET

To those in the Baltimore-Washington area, our Symposium on Monday, March 22
may be of interest. Loyola College is in Baltimore. If you take 695, take the
Charles St. exit south to The Cathedral of Mary our Queen (approx. 1/2 mile
after Northern Parkway, on your left). There will be buses to the Loyola
Campus, just under a mile south. (No parking on campus.) The Symposium is
free and all are welcome.

Monday, March 22: Language, Literature and Society Symposium, sponsored by
The Humanities Council and the Department of Modern Languages and
Literatures, starting 12:45 PM in McGuire Auditorium.

Patrons and Poets: Women in the Renaissance

Petrarch's Feminine Authority and Stampa, Labe' & von Reiffenberg
Professor William J. Kennedy, Cornell University

The Ennobling Power of the Word
Professor Fiora Bassinese, University of Massachusetts, Boston

The Resistance to Fiction: Christine de Pizan, Marguerite de Navarre and
Mary Roth
Professor Maureen Quilligan, University of Pennsylvania

Women in Music During the Renaissance
Professor Ruth L. Drucker, Towson State University
with sopranos Elizabeth Knauer and Jacqueline Leary-Warsaw

All talks will be held in McGuire Auditorium; a reception follows. If
you would like more information, please contact Leslie Morgan,
(410)-617-2926.