6.0510 CFP: Textual Criticism in Italian (1/25)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Mon, 15 Feb 1993 15:04:32 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0510. Monday, 15 Feb 1993.

Date: Mon, 15 Feb 93 11:15:48 PST
From: cbf@athena.berkeley.edu (Charles Faulhaber)
Subject: Textual criticism in Italian

The MLA's Committee on Scholarly Editing has asked Mary Speer
(French, Rutgers) and me to organize a panel for the Toronto
meeting on scholarly editing in the Romance Languages.

We would like to present three papers, covering the state-of-the-art
in Italian, French,
and Spanish, a variety of periods, and a variety of textual approaches.
Between us we have a pretty good idea of what's going on in French
and Spanish in this country, and we have been in contact with a
number of people about possible participation.

We need help with Italian. We are looking for someone who
(preferably) edits modern Italian texts, is familiar with current
Italian practical and theoretical concerns, and might be
interested in participating. Must be an MLA member or be willing
to join by 1 April.

I would be very grateful for any responses, either from those who
might be interested or from those who can think of someone we should
talk to.

Many thanks,

Charles Faulhaber
UC Berkeley