6.0509 Rs: S/W Tools; Distance Education;; Folk Wisdom (3/76)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Mon, 15 Feb 1993 15:03:15 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0509. Monday, 15 Feb 1993.

(1) Date: 15 Feb 93 15:41:19 GMT (15 lines)
From: johnstonj@attmail.com
Subject: Re: 6.0490 S/W Recommendations

(2) Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1993 11:18:10 +0000 (49 lines)
From: L.R.A.Melton@open.ac.uk (Laury Melton)
Subject: Free Use of Distance Education Database

(3) Date: 15 Feb 93 15:53:53 GMT (12 lines)
From: johnstonj@attmail.com
Subject: Re: 6.0499 Rs: Folk Wisdom or Bunk (4/63)

Date: 15 Feb 93 15:41:19 GMT
From: johnstonj@attmail.com
Subject: Re: 6.0490 S/W: FrameMaker Reviewer; Gen'l Recommendations

I received Mr. Faulhaber's inquiry relative to PC and Mac based tools for
the scholar's kitbag -- while I understand that TACT and MicroOCP are excellent
products, I suggest that WordCruncher is worthy of inclusion. It is used
throughout the world, is capable of indexing, retrieving, and analysing text
in any character-based language, and has been in use for years.

There is a Windows version in the offing, and a Mac version is under develop-
ment as well. It is commonly and commercially available. For anyone who needs
further information on the product, or its whereabouts, contact me directly.

James W. Johnston