6.0241 Significant use of E-Texts (1/12)

Mon, 21 Sep 1992 07:33:38 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0241. Monday, 21 Sep 1992.

Date: Mon, 14 Sep 92 10:28:35 PDT
From: cbf@athena.berkeley.edu (Charles Faulhaber)
Subject: Re: 6.0231 Use of E-Texts

I would like to second Wendy Plotkin's request for examples of
significant use of e-texts in research and teaching.

I believe in them fervently myself, yet I have yet to make any real
use of them in my own work; nor do I know any colleagues who do. As
a result it becomes somewhat embarrassing to have people ask me
(as happened last Saturday during a demo of the Archivo Digital de
Textos Espan~oles), "Who's going to use these texts? Just editors
of texts?"

Charles Faulhaber
UC Berkeley