5.0666 Rs: Nonsexist Language (3/66)

Mon, 10 Feb 1992 23:06:21 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0666. Monday, 10 Feb 1992.

(1) Date: Thu, 6 Feb 92 12:02 EST (23 lines)
From: "Tom Benson 814-865-4201" <T3B@PSUVM>
Subject: Re: 5.0650 Qs: Nonsexist Language

(2) Date: Thu, 6 Feb 92 15:02:32 -0500 (17 lines)
From: Jerry McCoy <aajmccoy@heartland.bradley.edu>
Subject: non-sexist writing manual

(3) Date: Thu, 06 Feb 92 16:29:41 EST (26 lines)
From: PAULA PRESLEY <AD15%NEMOMUS.bitnet@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU>
Subject: 5.0650 non-sexist; misanthrope

Date: Thu, 6 Feb 92 12:02 EST
From: "Tom Benson 814-865-4201" <T3B@PSUVM>

>Date: Tue, 28 Jan 92 15:43:56 GMT
>From: Richard Giordano <rich@cs.man.ac.uk>
>Subject: Non-sexist language

>Anyone know of a good manual that can be used for non-sexist
>writing--something like a politically correct Strunk&White?

>Rich Giordano
>rich@uk.ac.man.cs

Try Casey Miller and Kate Swift, THE HANDBOOK OF NONSEXIST WRITING,
2d ed. (New York: Harper & Row, 1988).

This book is available in paperback ($6.95 U.S.); it is said to
be recommended by the CHICAGO MANUAL OF STYLE.

Tom Benson
Penn State University t3b@psuvm.bitnet