5.0490 Rs: Philosophy of Hypertext (2/78)

Mon, 2 Dec 1991 15:59:59 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0490. Monday, 2 Dec 1991.

(1) Date: Fri, 29 Nov 91 22:29:13 AST (15 lines)
From: Thom Parkhill <PARKHILL@UNB.CA>
Subject: hypertext

(2) Date: Sat, 30 Nov 91 20:01:23 CST (63 lines)
From: Charles Ess <DRU001D@SMSVMA>
Subject: Re: 5.0484 Philosophy of Hypertext?

Date: Fri, 29 Nov 91 22:29:13 AST
From: Thom Parkhill <PARKHILL@UNB.CA>

Following on Will McCarty's musings on Hypertext as a teaching
tool, I have a hunch edging toward a prejudice that constructing
a Hypertexted piece of writing would be far more conducive to
learning than using the same piece of writing. I am reflecting now
on how to engage students in Hypertext construction. I'm especially
wondering how to make the task relevant. My question, more con-
cretely, is why should they create such a text? Who is their
audience? How will they use it? And so on.

I have some tentative responses to these questions, but I'm interested
in hearing from Humanists with "classroom" experience with Hypertext.