5.0487 Qs: Charles I; British->French Emigration (2/46)

Fri, 29 Nov 1991 16:53:46 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0487. Friday, 29 Nov 1991.

(1) Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1991 07:34:22 EST (25 lines)
From: hans@kean.ucs.mun.ca
Subject: Library Lookup, Please !!!

(2) Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1991 14:54:56 UTC+2 (21 lines)
From: tony@FRPERP51.BITNET
Subject: bibliography

Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1991 07:34:22 EST
From: hans@kean.ucs.mun.ca

SUBJECT: Quote lookup
DATE: 28 Nov. 1991

I'm trying to finish an article but need one passage looked up. I
wonder if someone could help me. Inter Library Loan will take weeks.
The passage concerns Rev. RICHARD JAMES, the Cottonian Librarian, who
was in 1622 in Newfoundland. He is quoted in

THE COURT AND TIMES OF CHARLES THE FIRST, ed. by Thomas Birch, 2 vols.
(London: H. Colbourn, 1848), Vol. 2, page 53.

Could someone please send me this quote by James about Newfoundland, also
any reference regarding James's stay in Newfoundland.

>From NUC, pre 56, vol. 58, p. 300, col. 3, I see that there are numerous
locations in North America.

I'll be happy to reciprocate with any Newfoundlandia question you may have.

Thank you very much. HANS ROLLMANN

DR. HANS ROLLMANN; Associate Professor; Department of Religious
Studies; Memorial University of Newfoundland; St. John's, NF,
Canada, A1C 5S7; PHONE: 709-753-0045; FAX: 709-737-4569;
E-MAIL: hrollman@morgan.ucs.mun.ca; also: hans@kean.ucs.mun.ca;