5.0486 Announcing: Costel; ARC; Canada-L (3/123)

Fri, 29 Nov 1991 16:50:01 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0486. Friday, 29 Nov 1991.

(1) Date: Fri, 29 Nov 91 16:56 GMT (56 lines)
From: DAVID BARRY <UBJV649@CU.BBK.AC.UK>
Subject: Designing and Presenting Courses With Computer Networks

(2) Date: Thu, 28 Nov 91 22:00:59 EST (41 lines)
From: "Todd J. B. Blayone" <BFW6@MUSICB.MCGILL.CA>
Subject: INTRODUCING ARC !!!!

(3) Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1991 22:01:44 -0500 (26 lines)
From: warkent@epas.utoronto.ca (Germaine Warkentin)
Subject: NEW LIST: CANADA-L Canadian Issues

Date: Fri, 29 Nov 91 16:56 GMT
From: DAVID BARRY <UBJV649@CU.BBK.AC.UK>

Subject: costel

ONLINE EDUCATION AND TRAINING
How to Design and Present Courses Using Computer Networks

This part-time course starts on March 7th, 1992, and lasts 16 weeks.
It will involve a total of around 60 hours' study time, and will be
taught at a distance through electronic mail and computer
conferencing, combined with 2 one day workshops in London.
Participants who successfully complete the assessed course work will
receive a certificate in online education and training .

The course will contain 5 principal modules:
% Design of online teaching and training programmes
% Electronic mail and computer conferencing systems and functions
% Teaching and moderating skills
% Computer-supported cooperative learning
% Evaluation methodologies

This course is part of the COSTEL Comett programme. It will be
conducted under the auspices of the Institute of Education, University
of London, in collaboration with the Open University's Institute of
Educational Technology.

Participants will require access to:
- either a personal computer (MS DOS or Macintosh) with a hard disk,
1MB memory, and a modem with communications software
- or a terminal with access to JANET.

Standard course fee: #420
Reduced fee for educational institutions: #250
(All fees expressed in pounds sterling)

For further information and enrolment, contact:
Dr. Harvey Mellar,
Institute of Education
University of London
20 Bedford Way,
London WC1H 0AL tel : +44 71 612 6664 fax:
+44 71 612 6126

Electronic mail: hgm@uk.ac.lon.ioe CAMPUS 2000 : YNS036