5.0328 Note from the Editors (1/26)

Tue, 17 Sep 1991 22:38:52 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0328. Tuesday, 17 Sep 1991.
Editors' Note: Mailer Problems Resolved

Date: Tue, 17 Sep 91 22:13:44 EDT
From: Elaine M Brennan <ELAINE@BROWNVM>
Subject: Humanist's Mailer Has Been Over-Eating

I am both somewhat shame-faced, and also now, relieved, to report
that a hitherto unsuspected mailer bug, for the last month quietly
eating 162 names off the Humanist mailing list every time we've sent
mail, has been retired. This particular bug never gave us any overt
indication that anything was wrong, presumably in retaliation to me
for trying to make it send mail to an improper address.

My thanks go out to all the Humanist members who checked in to wonder
why we'd disappeared, not least for their patience as we attempted to
track this problem.

For those who'd like to see what they missed, the appropriate
logs to ask listserv for are:

Humanist LOG9108D
Humanist LOG9109A
Humanist LOG9109B
Humanist LOG9109C (this log currently contains only today's postings).

As always, consult your guide to Humanist if you need more information
on how to retrieve logs.

Elaine