5.0327 Grad Programs in Computational Linguistics (1/30)

Tue, 17 Sep 1991 18:50:52 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0327. Tuesday, 17 Sep 1991.
ACL Wants Info on Grad Programs in Computational Linguistics

Date: Tue, 17 Sep 91 11:16:26 -0400
From: walker@flash.bellcore.com (Don Walker)
Subject: ACL needs information on graduate programs in computational linguistics

DIRECTORY OF GRADUATE PROGRAMS IN COMPUTATIONAL LINGUISTICS

URGENT NEED FOR INFORMATION

This fall the Association for Computational Linguistics will publish
a new edition of the Directory of Graduate Programs in Computational
Linguistics. We are eager to include any program awarding a graduate
degree with courses or research involving computers and language.

Our listing includes the name and address of the University and
Departments awarding relevant graduate degrees, along with their
telephone numbers. We also include a list of faculty working in
this area, with their departmental affiliations, and a brief mention
of their research areas. If there are formal courses involving
computational linguistics we will list them too. Finally we put
in a brief indication of equipment and other resources.

Please request guidelines as to content and format from and send
information to:

Professor Martha Evens
Computer Science Department
Illinois Institute of Technology