5.0244 Note and Bibliography SW (1/19)

Wed, 24 Jul 1991 19:26:36 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0244. Wednesday, 24 Jul 1991.

Date: Fri, 19 Jul 91 14:45:03 EDT
From: "L. Dale Patterson" <LDPATT01@ULKYVM>
Subject: Notes and Bibliography Data

I don't have an answer for T.R. Vicker about WP Citation, but I do have a
further question about bibliographic software. I am not terribly interested in
a package which can take the citation data and format it 120 different ways.
What I would prefer is a package which once the citation to the work is
entered would then allow me to enter multiple 'screens' of citations. To
describe it another way I should be able to enter the bibliographic data once
and then enter notes, quotations, etc. each with its own page reference and
have each related to the bibliographic record. I don't want to have to enter
the bibliographic data for each citation and I want a separate record for each
citation (or note or thought I have about the work). This way I can export
individual citations to my word processor in any order I choose.

If each citation could be keyword indexed that would be even better. I have
been attempting to create such a package, but am too slow at the process and
wonder what is now available on the market. Thanks for any and all hints.

-- Dale Patterson
University of Louisville
BITNET: ldpatt01 @ ulkyvm