4.1325 Happy Birthday (1/12)

Tue, 7 May 91 23:00:52 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 1325. Tuesday, 7 May 1991.

Date: Tue, 07 May 91 22:32:34 EDT
From: "Elaine Brennan and Allen Renear" <EDITORS@BROWNVM>
Subject: Happy Birthday

On May 7 1987 our list was born. In those early family years the
birthdays came slowly and with much celebration. Her wonderful
beginnings were fondly analyzed and proudly chronicled by her family.
Now as she stalks her large and wayward way about the wide world
the years seem to rush by. Her current weary editors lift their
heads and hurry to announce: this is the beginning of the fifth year.

There are now 1050 subscribers on the mailing list, over twenty of
which are bulletin board systems. We estimate the current readership
at over 2000. Humanist was started by Willard McCarty at the University
of Toronto in May 1987; in the spring of 1990 the list was moved to
Brown University.

-- Allen Renear and Elaine Brennan