4.1172 Donating Computer Equipment (2/45)

Tue, 26 Mar 91 00:05:19 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 1172. Tuesday, 26 Mar 1991.

(1) Date: Thu, 21 Mar 91 03:53:41 PST (26 lines)
From: "Chet Grycz" <CJGUR@UCCMVSA.BITNET>
Subject: Donating Computer Equipment

(2) Date: Thu, 21 Mar 91 10:47:26 EST (19 lines)
From: Jan Eveleth <EVELETH@YALEVM>
Subject: Re: 4.1165 Computer Donations

Date: Thu, 21 Mar 91 03:53:41 PST
From: "Chet Grycz" <CJGUR@UCCMVSA.BITNET>

The Wladyslaw Poniecki Charitable Foundation is a 501(c)(3)
corporation, whose aim it is to provide educational and technical
materials for Eastern European emerging democracies, especially
Poland. They would be happy to receive any used computer equipment
that is in good working condition, for eventual distribution within
Poland. They have arranged for transport to Poland and will deal
with all the customs and duty requirements.

What they would need is a letter of conveyance, in which you list
the serial numbers of the items being sent, and which transfers
title to the equipment to the Foundation. If you have an idea of
fair market value, you can even deduct this from your income tax as
a charitable donation.

Write to: The Wladyslaw Poniecki Charitable Foundation 8637 Arbor
Drive El Cerrito, California 94530-2728

Chet

(I should say that I know about this organization because I am on
its board of Directors.)