4.1173 Job Announcement: Linguistics (1/43)

Tue, 26 Mar 91 00:07:14 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 1173. Tuesday, 26 Mar 1991.

Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1991 02:15 CST
From: JIMG@ducvax.auburn.edu
Subject: Anthropology Positions Open

I am posting this here because I believe one of these positions includes
teaching a Linguistics class.

Auburn University, Department of Sociology, Anthropology,and
Social Work, invites applications for two full-time (9 month),
tenure-track appointments in cultural anthropology at
instructor or assistant professor level. One-half of the
teaching load will likely involve participation in a
broadly-based and cross-disciplinary course in an innovative
core curriculum. During the academic year faculty will
also teach basic anthropology and courses in their area of
expertise. Ph.D. in anthropology required, completed by
9-16-91, for an assistant professor rank. ABD in anthropology
will be considered for instructor. Send vitae, letter of
application with a summary of research and teaching interests,
and the names of three references to:

Dr. John Cottier
Faculty Search Committee
Department of Sociology,
Anthropology, and
Social Work
6090 Haley Center
Auburn, AL 36849-5209

Deadline is May 7. Auburn University is an Affirmative
Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities and women are
encouraged to apply.

Any typos or other errors are mine. I am just an undergrad so I can't
tell anyone much about the position but I will be glad to forward them
to someone who can. This is being posted to Linguist, Humanist, and
Anthro-L, if anyone knows of another place I can post please let know
and feel free to forward and/or repost this this message.

Thank You
Barry Waid
Auburn University
BWAID@ducvax.auburn.edu (INTERNET)