4.1034 Humanist: Commerical Posting Policy (4/71)

Thu, 14 Feb 91 21:32:30 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 1034. Thursday, 14 Feb 1991.

(1) Date: Thu, 14 Feb 91 08:22 EST (17 lines)
From: "Lorraine Olley, Preservation, 855-6281"
Subject: RE: 4.1027 Humanist: Politics &c. (7/106)

(2) Date: Wed, 13 Feb 91 11:49:52 CST (25 lines)
From: "Michael S. Hart" <HART@vmd.cso.uiuc.edu>
Subject: Re: 4.1016 Etext: Isaie

(3) Date: 14 Feb 91 09:07:00 EST (16 lines)
From: "HALPORN,JAMES,CLAS" <halpornj@ucs.indiana.edu>
Subject: COMMERCIALS ON HUMANIST

(4) Date: Thu, 14 Feb 91 21:16:04 EST (13 lines)
From: Allen Renear <EDITORS@BROWNVM>
Subject: Policies

Date: Thu, 14 Feb 91 08:22 EST
From: "Lorraine Olley, Preservation, 855-6281"

I agree with Prof. Halporn's suggestion to move excessively long and
"peripheral" entries to the LISTSERV. In this I would include the war
diaries. I do read them, and find them informative and disturbing, but
they are really not at all related to the original intention of this
list, a discussion of the use of computing in the humanities. There
have been several lists developed recently for discussion of the war,
and perhaps they are a more appropriate forum for Lakoff and Kessler and
the like. My fear is that by continuing lenghty discussions of the war
on HUMANIST, we will lose sight of the fact that, even in this tragic
time, life and learning and scholarship go on--and must go on.

Lorraine Olley
Indiana University Libraries