4.0776 New List of Electronic Text Projects (1/47)

Wed, 28 Nov 90 23:22:09 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0776. Wednesday, 28 Nov 1990.

Date: Mon, 12 Nov 90 08:35 EST
From: Jim Wilderotter -- Georgetown Center for Text and
Subject: Electronic Text Projects

Fellow Humanists:

For the past eighteen months, the Georgetown Center for Text and
Technology has been involved in creating a catalogue of projects
involving electronic text at institutions and companies around the
world. Present accounting shows that we have on record a total of 312
projects over 27 countries.

We will be offering public access to an on-line version of this
catalogue sometime before the end of the current year.

Presently we are offering the list of project names and addresses
included in our catalogue. If you desire more specific information
about any project, contact me personally at the address below, and I
will be happy to forward this information along to you.

James A. Wilderotter II
Project Assistant
Georgetown Center for Text and Technology
Academic Computing Center
Reiss Science Building, Room 238
Georgetown University
Washington, DC 20057

Tel. (202) 687-6096
BITNET: wilder@guvax
Internet: edu%"wilder@guvax.georgetown.edu"

[...]

--------------------

[A complete version of this list is now available through the
fileserver, s.v. PROJECTS ETEXTS. You may obtain a copy by issuing
the command -- GET filename filetype HUMANIST -- either interactively or
as a batch-job, addressed to ListServ@Brownvm. Thus on a VM/CMS system,
you say interactively: TELL LISTSERV AT BROWNVM GET filename filetype
HUMANIST; if you are not on a VM/CMS system, send mail to
ListServ@Brownvm with the GET command as the first and only line. For
more details see the "Guide to Humanist". Problems should be reported
to David Sitman, A79@TAUNIVM, after you have consulted the Guide and
tried all appropriate alternatives.]