4.0686 Qs: Informania Book; UN Archives (2/52)

Sat, 3 Nov 90 11:23:03 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0686. Saturday, 3 Nov 1990.

(1) Date: Sat, 03 Nov 90 08:30:42 EST (24 lines)
From: Elliott Parker <3ZLUFUR@CMUVM>
Subject: INFOMANIA (book)

(2) Date: Fri, 2 Nov 90 16:27 +0100 (28 lines)
From: CHENEY@SELDC52.BITNET
Subject: ACCESS TO UN ARCHIVES?

Date: Sat, 03 Nov 90 08:30:42 EST
From: Elliott Parker <3ZLUFUR@CMUVM>

>Date: 30 Oct 90 05:43 -0330
>From: HANS ROLLMANN (hans@kean.ucs.mun.ca)
>Subject: RE: New Word

>There is a book around, which lists all conceivable networks and
>databases. Its title might serve as a possible term to describe
>what Willard is after: INFOMANIA. Another possible contender,

Could you give a fuller citation? This is obviously of great
interest for those using the networks.

There was a book called INFOMANIA written in the early years of
Compuserve by a lady describing her infatuation with the "chat" mode.
Obviously, not the same.

Elliott Parker BITNET: 3ZLUFUR@CMUVM
Journalism Dept. Internet: eparker@well.sf.ca.us
Central Michigan University Compuserve: 70701,520
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48859 USA UUCP: {psuvax1}!cmuvm.bitnet!3zlufur