4.0670 Chinese Concording; Parks/Landscape; Sexist Usage (3/31)

Wed, 31 Oct 90 23:07:53 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0670. Wednesday, 31 Oct 1990.

(1) Date: Wed, 31 Oct 90 10:41 +0100 (15 lines)
From: WENG@SELDC52.BITNET
Subject: Re: 4.0656 Rs: CDROM Standard; Chinese Mac OS & KWIC

(2) Date: Tue, 30 Oct 90 09:34 EST (8 lines)
From: "Tom Benson" <T3B@PSUVM>
Subject: Re: 4.0653 Parks/Landscape Studies

(3) Date: Thu, 25 Oct 90 17:40 GMT (8 lines)
From: Don Fowler <DPF@vax.oxford.ac.uk>
Subject: RE: 4.0625 Qs: Nonsexist Usage; Kate Barlass; Taxes

Date: Wed, 31 Oct 90 10:41 +0100
From: WENG@SELDC52.BITNET
Subject: Re: 4.0656 Rs: CDROM Standard; Chinese Mac OS & KWIC (2/51)

Actually sin Chinese work with 2 byte characters a concordance program
is not straight forward, But there is one which work reasonable well
with Chinese made by Stephen Clausing at Yale call MacConcordance, no
need to say it works only on Mac. It is small and does a good job.
I have tested it for a week and I am impressed. It works with mixed
text too, i.e. Chinese language and Western languages.
Stephen Clausing can be reached at sClaus@Yalevm

Peter Bryder
Lund University
Sweden