4.0392 R: ALLC mail; Qs: Hebrew; Camb Computing; CPM2DOS (4/66)

Mon, 20 Aug 90 18:12:51 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0392. Monday, 20 Aug 1990.

(1) Date: Mon, 20 Aug 90 12:20:32 CDT (12 lines)
From: Richard Goerwitz <goer@sophist.uchicago.edu>
Subject: question about a Hebrew verb form

(2) Date: 17 August 90, 09:47:48 EST (20 lines)
From: CSHUNTER@UOGUELPH
Subject: [Cambridge Computing]

(3) Date: Thu, 16 Aug 90 22:40:24 CDT (20 lines)
From: Charles Ess <DRU001D@SMSVMA>
Subject: thanks; CPM

(4) Date: Fri, 17 Aug 90 09:45 EST (14 lines)
From: <NEUMAN@GUVAX>
Subject: ALLC address

Date: Mon, 20 Aug 90 12:20:32 CDT
From: Richard Goerwitz <goer@sophist.uchicago.edu>

There are a lot of people who teach biblical Hebrew reading this
newsgroup, and I'd like to try to fish them out (and see if I can find
an answer to a question as well). I am just wondering why we get
_yevosh_ with /e/, but _yavo_ with /a/. The theme vowel for both is the
same, /a:/ -> /o:/.
-Richard

(2) --------------------------------------------------------------27----
Date: 17 August 90, 09:47:48 EST
From: CSHUNTER@UOGUELPH

A colleague of mine will be going to Cambridge (England) in the fall of
1991 to spend a year's leave. So that he can fill out his grant
application in as much detail as possible, he is interested in knowing:

1. Who he should contact at Cambridge to get information
about a mainframe account that would allow him to
communicate with his graduate assistant here at Guelph;

2. What the cost of such an account would be;

3. If it is possible to rent an MS-DOS PC and what the
cost of that rental might be.

Anyone who could contribute any information in this regard should
address e-mail answers to cshunter@uoguelph.