4.0391 Technology, Etc. (3/74)

Thu, 16 Aug 90 17:42:37 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0391. Thursday, 16 Aug 1990.

(1) Date: Thu, 16 Aug 90 07:52 CST (16 lines)
From: Judy Boss <ENG003@UNOMA1>
Subject: RE: 4.0386 On Technology

(2) Date: 16 August 1990, 15:39:04 EDT (11 lines)
From: Roy Flannagan <FLANNAGA at OUACCVMB>
Subject: the garden path to better technology

(3) Date: Tue, 14 Aug 90 18:55:33 EDT (47 lines)
From: Willard McCarty <MCCARTY@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>
Subject: technological imaginings

Date: Thu, 16 Aug 90 07:52 CST
From: <ENG003@UNOMA1>
Subject: RE: 4.0386 On Technology (2/58)

Just as a bit of devil's advocacy, I'd like to remind Skip that the
printing press has also brought us the "junk mail" phenomenon, Harlequin
Romances and their ilk, mass pornography, the daily newspaper even when
no news occurs, and the "publish or perish" credentialism of
scholarship. Surely, these are not among the improvements he ascribes
to the technology?

Judy Boss
Department of English
University of Nebraska at Omaha