4.0324 Query on Texas Writing Course (1/11)

Thu, 26 Jul 90 16:56:35 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0324. Thursday, 26 Jul 1990.

Date: Thu, 26 Jul 90 10:49 PDT
From: KESSLER <IME9JFK@UCLAMVS.BITNET>
Subject: Re: 4.0317 Writing Course at Texas Rejected

Dear John Slatin: It interests me. However, your letter doesnt really
tell us what the syllabus was, or was supposed to be. Was it THE
Freshman English course in comp and rhet? what was the list of topics and
assignments. What was, to use the old epical term, "the Argument"?
Your message sounds like the Dean quashed the very subject of analyzing
arguments, political, religious, religious/scientific, etc. But one
doesnt know what it is really about. Or what the 2 Nay votes on the
committee argued. I mean, it comes to me a bit like a poke, with only a
pig's ear sticking out of it, and not a silken one, at that.
Kessler@UCLA