4.0323 Fractals; Two Queries (3/57)

Thu, 26 Jul 90 16:54:23 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0323. Thursday, 26 Jul 1990.

(1) Date: Wed, 25 Jul 90 21:30 EST (16 lines)
From: John Burt <BURT@BRANDEIS>
Subject: fractal programs

(2) Date: Thu, 26 Jul 90 01:11:10 EDT (31 lines)
From: Stephen N. Matsuba <matsuba@Writer.YorkU.CA>
Subject: Allusions again

(3) Date: Jeu, 26 Jui 90 21:39:57 SET (10 lines)
From: Michel Pierssens <PIERSENS@FRP8V11>
Subject: Books by Thomas Molnar

Date: Wed, 25 Jul 90 21:30 EST
From: John Burt <BURT@BRANDEIS>

There is a bitnet mailing list to discuss fractals and related matters.
It's called frac-l and its address is frac-l@gitvm. According to the
people there, there are good fractal programs for MSDOS available from a
company called Art Matrix. Also highly recommended is a public domain
program called Fractint. It is up to about version 12 now, and can deal
with just about any graphics board. It's quite fast too, because it uses
integer arithmetic. You can find out more from frac-l. I think the
program is available from simtel, but since I've never asked for
anything from simtel, I don't know how to get it.

John Burt
Brandeis University