4.0290 Notes on Books; Query on Map Software (3/46)

Tue, 17 Jul 90 18:18:36 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0290. Tuesday, 17 Jul 1990.

(1) Date: Tue, 17 Jul 90 13:27 EDT (12 lines)
From: John Lavagnino <LAV@brandeis.bitnet>
Subject: Quotation book

(2) Date: Mon, 16 Jul 90 23:31:17 -0400 (17 lines)
From: jdg@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Joel D. Goldfield)
Subject: "Robin Cover's comments & 'digital books'"

(3) Date: 17 July 1990, 16:14:02 EST (17 lines)
From: Ric Gudgeon <R1436@CSUOHIO>
Subject: Cartagraphic Software for the PC

Date: Tue, 17 Jul 90 13:27 EDT
From: John Lavagnino <LAV@brandeis.bitnet>

According to an article about Anthony W. Shipps in the *Harvard
Magazine* last year, his book *The quote sleuth* is not a quotation
dictionary, but a book about tricks for finding the sources of
quotations that aren't in any such compilation. So I don't imagine it
would really be at the top of anyone's list of stuff that would be
better published only in electronic form.

John Lavagnino, English, Brandeis University