4.0205 Polish E-Mail (1/35)

Tue, 19 Jun 90 16:06:09 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0205. Tuesday, 19 Jun 1990.

Date: 19 Jun 90 17:39 GMT
From: A0234@AppleLink.Apple.COM (UC Berkeley, Grycz,AUC)
Subject: Polish Institute Forming

Henning,

Thank you for your posting to the Humanist list concerning e-mail links
to Polish intellectuals. The University of California is sponsoring an
outreach program, called "Cooperative Assistance" in which we are
expecting to establish an international "Institute for Regional
Development," centrally-located in Wroclaw, Poland, as a demonstration
project and facility for Eastern European connections to the West.

We are having an initial joint meeting of the delegates during the week
of 2 July 1990 in Wroclaw (two weeks from now). One of our principal
collaborators from the Polish side, is Dr. Daniel J. Bem, director of the
Polish Academic Computing Network, KASK.

The information you gather will be very useful. Perhaps UC can help
channel it to the appropriate authorities in Poland.

Cordially,
Chet Grycz
Scholarship and Technology Study Project
Czeslaw Jan Grycz | BITNET: A0234@AppleLink.Apple.Com
University of California | - or - CJGUR@UCCMVSA
Kaiser Center, Eighth Floor | AppleLink: A0234
300 Lakeside Drive | MCI Mail: 262-7719
Oakland, California | Phone: (415) 987-0561
94612-3550 | FAX: (415) 839-3573