3.1103 flying laptops (152)

Mon, 26 Feb 90 20:44:09 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 1103. Monday, 26 Feb 1990.

(1) Date: Mon, 26 Feb 90 09:58:30 EST (9 lines)
From: Peter Ian Kuniholm <MCG@CORNELLC>
Subject: Re: 3.1094 dictionary? flying laptops? limiting Macs? (78)

(2) Date: Monday, 26 February 1990 1123-EST (23 lines)
From: KRAFT@PENNDRLS
Subject: Laptops and Airlines

(3) Date: Mon, 26 Feb 90 13:34:09 EST (33 lines)
From: Ken Steele <KSTEELE@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>

(4) Date: Mon, 26 Feb 90 09:41 EST (20 lines)
From: "Now that's what I call a *dead* parrot."

(5) Date: 26 February 1990 (34 lines)
From: Willard McCarty <MCCARTY@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>
Subject: travelling around with a laptop

Date: Mon, 26 Feb 90 09:58:30 EST
From: Peter Ian Kuniholm <MCG@CORNELLC>

Re: Besnier's question about airport security. Usually a boot-up is
considered sufficient by most airport folk. However, in Zurich they are
unusually hard-nosed, and last summer they ran my Toshiba 1600 right
through their scanner. I was sure that was the end of THAT machine,
but, no, it works as well as ever.
Peter Kuniholm