3.774 hyper-Pynchon; e-Persian; polyglots; multimusic (107)

Wed, 22 Nov 89 20:20:40 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 774. Wednesday, 22 Nov 1989.

(1) Date: Wed, 22 Nov 89 11:44:31 EST (15 lines)
From: Stuart Moulthrop <SMOULTHR@YALEVM>
Subject: Hypertextual Pynchon

(2) Date: Tue, 21 Nov 89 15:13:31 EST (12 lines)
From: Jeffrey Perry <JEFF@PUCC>
Subject: Transliterated Persian

(3) Date: Tue, 21 Nov 89 22:47:21 EST (21 lines)
From: Roland Hutchinson <R.RDH@Macbeth.Stanford.EDU>
Subject: multilingual Humanist

(4) Date: Tue, 21 Nov 89 17:50:06 EST (30 lines)
From: Roland Hutchinson <R.RDH@Macbeth.Stanford.EDU>
Subject: Beethoven's Tenth

Date: Wed, 22 Nov 89 11:44:31 EST
From: Stuart Moulthrop <SMOULTHR@YALEVM>

I've been prototyping a hypertext resource on Thomas Pynchon's _Gravity's
Rainbow_ in HyperCard. I originally developed the stack as an aid for
my own research and then decided to share it with my seminar students
this fall. The result is a megabyte of text (quotations comprising
about 15% of the novel), annotations, queries, responses to queries,
illustrations, music, and hypertext links. I'd be happy to share this
project with anyone who (a) provides me with an FDHD disk (or an 800k
floppy if you can forego the music) and (b) lets me know what gets done
with the stack. Direct inquiries to Stuart Moulthrop, Department of
English, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520 or to SMOULTHR@YALEVM
(bitnet).