3.518 line-numbering in TeX? FTP transfers? (44)

Sat, 30 Sep 89 20:56:08 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 518. Saturday, 30 Sep 1989.

(1) Date: Sat,30 Sep 89 19:01:52 BST (13 lines)
From: K.C.Cameron@EXETER.AC.UK
Subject: TEX problem

(2) Date: Sat, 30 Sep 89 18:51:51 CDT (10 lines)
From: "Kevin L. Cope" <ENCOPE@LSUVM>
Subject: FTP Transfers

Date: Sat,30 Sep 89 19:01:52 BST
From: K.C.Cameron@EXETER.AC.UK

I am finding it impossible to number lines of
prose, discounting headings, using TEX. I am
also looking for an *easy* way to place prose
variants in continous text at the bottom of
the relevant page. I am sure someone has the
answer and I should appreciate it if it could
be shared with me.
Keith Cameron
University of Exeter (UK).