3.152 MLA bibliography (21)

Wed, 21 Jun 89 18:21:08 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 152. Wednesday, 21 Jun 1989.

Date: Wed, 21 Jun 89 10:26:00 EDT
From: unh!psc90!jdg@uunet.UU.NET (Dr. Joel Goldfield)
Subject: "MLA Bibliography"

Looking at the recent comments by Ivy Anderson, Charles Faulhaber and
others, the resonant chord seems to indicate that we need as many cost=
effective forms of access to CD-ROM and other database media as possible.
While I find the CD-ROM, Dialog and other databases or query systems
in our library appropriate, especially when I actually have the time
to examine the texts or periodicals discovered, being able to conduct
similar research from my office would often be just as useful, especially
when there are time constraints. Admittedly, this type of networked
access would be even more effective if I could also call up the pages,
audio or video information of the text, tape, CD-ROM or videodisc on
my monitor. Perhaps in the not-so-distant future. How do all are
library science experts feel about these possibilities? --Joel D. Goldfield
J_GOLDFI@UNHH.BITNET