3.139 MLA bibliography, cont. (24)

Sun, 18 Jun 89 20:21:30 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 139. Sunday, 18 Jun 1989.

Date: Sat, 17 Jun 89 16:05:59 EDT
From: bobh@phoenix (Robert Hollander)
Subject: Re: 3.126 MLA bibliography (101)

Charles Faulhaber is to be commended for reminding us of the dreadful
state of affairs MLA has foisted on us all. Has any other organization
been much worse about making valuable data more difficult to come by
now that it is (or could be) available online? I confess that I am
not surprised. When I gave up my membership a few years ago one
reason that I did so was that the majority of material I received
from this scholarly association consisted in advertisements for
insurance. The day MLA is more interested in scholarship than
money may dawn when the computerized data in its possession is
made easily available to scholars. I know that's a radical idea,
but I can dream, may i not?