Greek? Long e-mail addresses? (68)

Tue, 7 Feb 89 19:28:06 EST

Humanist Mailing List, Vol. 2, No. 569. Tuesday, 7 Feb 1989.

(1) Date: Mon, 6 Feb 89 22:03 EST (37 lines)
From: <LAPLANTE@UMTLVR>
Subject: Displaying and printing greek

(2) Date: Tue, 07 Feb 89 14:07:35 CST (11 lines)
From: "Kevin L. Cope" <ENCOPE@LSUVM>
Subject: Technical Question

Date: Mon, 6 Feb 89 22:03 EST
From: <LAPLANTE@UMTLVR>

This query may appear trivial to many of you, but I'm new on Humanist
and I don't know everything a contemporary learned young man should.

I need to display and print classical greek on a PC/XT compatible
using an Hercules graphic card and an Epson FX-86e printer; my graphic
card can also emulate CGA and Plantronics but, if possible, I would prefer
to avoid those.

I read the information available on the GREEK.SOFTWARE file maintained
on LISTSERV@UTORONTO and I retained three IBM packages that are said to do
so at a somewhat decent price.

These three packages are:

1. ChiWriter by Horstmann Software Design, Ann Arbor, Michigan;

2. DukeFonts by Humanities Computing Facilities, Durham, North Carolina;

3. DjuangJan by Megachomp Corp., Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Of course, I will ask to receive documentation from each of these
companies but what I would also like before making a choice are
suggestions and comments from real users of any of the above.

Please don't answer me I should use a Mac.

Thanks in advance.

Benoit LAPLANTE
Departement de sociologie
Universite de Montreal