Announcements (133)

Tue, 7 Feb 89 19:30:49 EST

Humanist Mailing List, Vol. 2, No. 570. Tuesday, 7 Feb 1989.

(1) Date: Mon, 23 Jan 89 18:11:56 EST (20 lines)
From: unh!psc90!jdg@uunet.UU.NET (Dr. Joel Goldfield)
Subject: outstanding software award nominations

(2) Date: 06 Feb 89 21:34 (64 lines)
From: david tomlinson <h01024%n1@susy.usna.mil>
Subject: Style checkers

(3) Date: Tue, 07 Feb 89 13:57:30 CST (20 lines)
From: "Kevin L. Cope" <ENCOPE@LSUVM>
Subject: 18C: Conference Announcement

Date: Mon, 23 Jan 89 18:11:56 EST
From: unh!psc90!jdg@uunet.UU.NET (Dr. Joel Goldfield)

[This note appears late because it was posted to mccarty@utoronto,
not to mccarty@utorepas OR to humanist@utoronto. Be warned! W.M.]

OUTSTANDING SOFTWARE AWARD NOMINATIONS REQUESTED

Dear Colleagues,
If you know of any U.S. colleagues who have created exciting
software implementations or educational courseware for the undergraduate
curriculum, please let me know. I am assisting EDUCOM/NCRIPTAL in
encouraging applications for the EDUCOM/National Center for the Research
to Improve Postsecondary Teaching and Learning 1989 Software Awards.
We added both engineering and accounting to the usual undergraduate
discipline eligibility list (all liberal arts areas) at last year's
jury. There are awards in types of tools (tutorial, simulation, etc.)
as well as for Curriculum Innovation, Implementation and content area.
Best Award winners receive a trophy and $5,000. Distinguished
Award winners receive a plaque and $500. The application deadline is
March 27, 1989. You can contact EDUCOM/NCRIPTAL directly at:
1-313-936-2741. I'm glad to report that two HUMANISTS were among
last years' winners. Congratulations Jim Noblitt & Stephen Clausing! --Joel