[tei-council] Useful resources for Council members

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Wed Dec 17 13:52:57 EST 2014

On 14-12-17 10:18 AM, Lou Burnard wrote:
> Always useful to have such lists. I wonder whether it is stating the
> obvious to say that guidelines source documents should always be
> validated against the p5oddschema (and indicate where that is)?

All the specs and chapter files include this:

<?xml-model
href="http://tei.it.ox.ac.uk/jenkins/job/TEIP5/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/release/xml/tei/odd/p5.nvdl"
type="application/xml"
schematypens="http://purl.oclc.org/dsdl/nvdl/ns/structure/1.0"?>

which Oxygen will use to validate them.

> Personal.ly i always like to do a test build locally before bothering Mr
> jenkins. That may just be my age but it might be worth mentioning too

That brings up the difficult issue of getting a build environment
working on your system. I think anyone just getting started might want
not want to open that particular can of worms until they're happy doing
things in the normal way.

But I think it would be worth putting together a guide to creating a
local build environment, in case people want to try it.