[tei-council] Useful resources for Council members

Stefanie Gehrke stefanie.gehrke at biblissima-condorcet.fr
Wed Dec 17 13:08:56 EST 2014

Thank you, Martin !

Stefanie

----- Mail original -----
De: "Martin Holmes" <mholmes at uvic.ca>
À: "TEI Council" <tei-council at lists.village.virginia.edu>
Envoyé: Mercredi 17 Décembre 2014 18:48:35
Objet: [tei-council] Useful resources for Council members

Hi all,

This is a list of useful documents and resources for Council members:

(I don't know if this will change as the lists are migrated at the end
of the week.)

TEI Council yearly reports:
<http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Council/Reports/>

Minutes of previous Council meetings (face-to-face and online):
<http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Council/Meetings/>

2. EDITING THE GUIDELINES:

Most of the actions taken by Council members involve editing the TEI
Guidelines source code. The process basically works like this:

1. Check out the source from Subversion on SourceForge.

2. Make changes.

3. Commit them back to the repository.

4. Wait to see whether our Continuous Integration servers successfully
rebuild the schemas and documentation.

These are the key URLs for learning how to edit the Guidelines:

The Sourceforge SVN repository:
<http://sourceforge.net/p/tei/code/HEAD/tree/>
(If you log into the SF website, you will see the option RW for a
read-write checkout; use this option so that you can easily commit
changes back to the repository. All Council members are members of the
Developer group, with write permissions.)

Bug reports and feature requests (tickets) on SourceForge:
<http://sourceforge.net/p/tei/_list/tickets>

How to Edit the TEI Guidelines:
<http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Council/Working/tcw20.xml>
(This is a vital read before attempting to make any changes to the
Guidelines source code.)

Style Guide for Editing the TEI Guidelines:
<http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Council/Working/tcw24.xml>
(Another important document to read before making any edits.)

Currently Unresolved Tickets:
<http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Council/Working/tcw17.html>
(This is a good way to see what we're currently working on. New members
might find a ticket here that they feel confident about implementing,
and could volunteer to take it and work on it with the help of their
mentor.)

3. BUILDING A RELEASE:

Building a TEI Release:
<http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Council/Working/tcw22.xml>
(Our current practice is to ask a relatively new member of Council to
act as "Release Technician" for each new release of the Guidelines. A
team of experienced members is always available to monitor and help, but
the idea is that our new member should be able to follow the
documentation in TCW 22 successfully; this helps to confirm that the
documentation is up to date and accurate, and each time we do this, we
clarify and expand TCW 22.