[tei-council] Mentoring for new Council members

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Wed Dec 17 12:16:44 EST 2014

Hi all,

This message is intended mainly for the new Council members. It will be
followed up with another message which gives a list of useful
documentation and resources that all Council members should be aware of.

At recent Council meetings, we have discussed the idea of providing an
experienced mentor for each new Council member. For those unfamiliar
with our increasingly complicated production/build/release system, it
can be very difficult to get actively involved in editing the Guidelines
and dealing with tickets; the mentor's job is to help the new Council
member get started, by answering any questions they may have, referring
them to useful resources, and helping them through their first
experiences with SourceForge, svn, tickets and the Guidelines build process.

This time around, Syd Bauman has agreed to be mentor for Raffaele, and
Lou to be mentor for Stefan. Raffaele and Stefan, please write to your
mentors and let them know how much previous experience and knowledge you
have with the ticketing system, editing and building the Guidelines, and
also the TEI Stylesheets.