[tei-council] standoff

Peter Stadler stadler at edirom.de
Fri Nov 28 10:49:13 EST 2014

Am 28.11.2014 um 16:35 schrieb Lou Burnard <lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk>:

> On 28/11/14 15:31, Peter Stadler wrote:

>>> We discussed this. Because it is convenient and simpler if all you want to do is expose e.g. a DC-compliant subset of your rich header.
>>>
>> Then I’ll say adding two files to a zip archive is just as well convenient and simple  …
>>

> So you don't think the xenodata element is needed at all?

I dare to say it does not improve the TEI standard, IMHO. It facilitates some processing needs, yes.
But the issue at large seems to be how to relate TEI documents with other documents/information particles.
While the merging of documents can be done in various ways I think it’s crucial to also provide information about the relation (= the stimulation of merging). ‚being-meta-data‘ is just a special case here …

Really, just my tuppence!
Peter