[tei-council] standoff

Fabio Ciotti fabio.ciotti at uniroma2.it
Fri Nov 28 09:19:50 EST 2014

> Don't forget about METS ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/METS ) as a way
> to relate documents in a package.  There's a reason why librarians
> frequently refer to "a METS wrapper" ...

This is also a good idea. I used METS to wrap the metadata of TEI
texts in www.bibiotecaitaliana.it project (don't judge the state of
the project now, I am out of it from years now... but the core is
still that I built more thna 10 yeasr ago). The I generated the TEI
header from MODS and other metadata staff that scattered inside METS
doc. Bbut I had to find a lot of ad hoc solutions. I think it would be
a good thing to work on an official METS profile for TEI.