[tei-council] Per diem rates

Syd Bauman syd at paramedic.wwp.neu.edu
Mon Nov 24 16:00:58 EST 2014

Martin --

That's not exactly my reading of
http://www.tei-c.org/Board/procedures.xml#PerDiem. Seems to me The
base rate is not 70% of the GSA rate, but rather the GSA rate rounded
up (as we were within the continental USA). That results in a daily
max of $60 for meals and incidentals. The breakdown would be $12 for
incidentals (if any), $12 for breakfast, $16.80 for lunch, and $19.20
for dinner. But (like you) I only spent money on lunches, except for
the group dinner.

So I think you can claim a maximum of $16.80 for each lunch you were
away from home.

As a side note, that document (which is admittedly a DRAFT) says that
group dinners will not be reimbursed. I often pay for group dinners,
though, and have always been reimbursed w/o complaint.