[tei-council] New Members: SF privileges, etc.

Peter Stadler stadler at edirom.de
Wed Nov 12 03:45:56 EST 2014

Am 12.11.2014 um 01:20 schrieb Martin Holmes <mholmes at uvic.ca>:

> On 14-11-11 12:16 PM, Peter Stadler wrote:
>> As a follow up: why is not everyone added to the GitHub organization as well?
>
> I think because the Stylesheets project is not officially supported by
> the TEI, and therefore isn't part of the Council's remit. That was a
> decision we took some years ago, before it was moved off onto Github.
>
> It's left us with a bit of an anomaly, though, because the building of
> the Guidelines depends on the Stylesheets, and the Oxygen plugin (which
> in theory is supported by Council) incorporates the Stylesheets.

Well, the GitHub org [1] is called „TEIC“ and it looks very official with logo and council email address etc.
If I remember correctly, the stylesheets move to GitHub was initially done by Sebastian under his personal account but now maintained within the TEIC org.
So, I think we (silently?) changed our position?

Best
Peter

[1] https://github.com/TEIC

PS: My GitHub user name is „peterstadler“ and I’d like to be noted as a Council member.