[tei-council] Possible bad bug in attribute classes?

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Mon Oct 27 11:56:11 EDT 2014

I'm looking at these two attribute classes:

<http://teijenkins.hcmc.uvic.ca/job/TEIP5/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/ref-att.naming.html>

<http://teijenkins.hcmc.uvic.ca/job/TEIP5/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/ref-att.personal.html>

They're both members of att.canonical, so they both inherit (e.g.) @key from att.canonical. But att.personal is also a member of att.naming, meaning that e.g. @key is inherited twice; this results in broken schemas for elements which are members of att.personal (<name> and friends) because they have @key defined through two separate routes.

Am I right in thinking that att.personal should _not_ be a member of att.canonical because it already inherits that membership through its membership of att.naming? If so, we have a fairly bad error in the current release, and we need to fix it.

I have an ODD which generates the error if required.

Martin Holmes
mholmes at uvic.ca
martin at mholmes.com
mholmes at halfbakedsoftware.com