[tei-council] tei: prefix in @match attribute

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Thu Oct 16 08:42:47 EDT 2014

On 14-10-16 01:16 AM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> On 16 Oct 2014, at 00:13, Martin Holmes <mholmes at uvic.ca> wrote:
>

>> uses a tei: prefix in the @match attribute, to point to the parent
>> element. Why does it do that? Do we assume that the default element
>> namespace in the XML document is not inherited by the XPath context
>> for the match expression?
>

> technically, i think the answer is yes. the XPath is independent of
> the doc, I’d say.

I've recently had a parallel experience with eXist using XInclude: the
XInclude processor did not inherit the default namespace in XPointer
expressions, so I had to provide it explicitly. So I'd say we should
declare it, and explain why. It does no harm.

> don’t worry, no-one will ever use it :-}

Actually, I wrote because I am about to use it. So there.