[tei-council] tei-c.org web stats?

Hugh Cayless philomousos at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 13:24:59 EDT 2014

Since GA relies on browser-triggered javascript to execute and load the GA script by dynamically adding a <script> tag to the page, it won’t receive any notifications from bots, unless they go to the trouble of running javascript on the page. I believe the Googlebot does do that to an extent, but it wouldn’t trigger its own analytics. I can’t remember ever seeing any info about bots in GA. That’s one (sort of) advantage to things like Urchin, which run off your own request stats—they’re actually looking at all the data. Of course, most people don’t care about bots unless they cause performance degradation.

I’d be interested. Google ID: philomousos

Hugh