[tei-council] mixedContent, textNode etc

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Fri Oct 10 08:52:17 EDT 2014

On 10 Oct 2014, at 13:40, Martin Holmes <mholmes at uvic.ca> wrote:
>> so unless people scream, this is what Lou and I will teach people
>> in a few weeks.
>
> At least this clarifies things. So now we need to specify what
> <textNode> means in the absence of any macros, do we?

in our instructions to people on how to implement an ODD processor,
yes.

working assumption is that

  - in DTD its #PCDATA
  - in XSD its @mixedContent=‘yes’
  - in RNG its <rng:text>

i refer you to http://sourceforge.net/p/tei/feature-requests/530/ for
discussion of the rather more interesting issue of non-text datatypes.
Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services

Não sou nada.
Nunca serei nada.
Não posso querer ser nada.
À parte isso, tenho em mim todos os sonhos do mundo.