[tei-council] <mixedContent> content (was "Re: <content> vs <mixedContent>")

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Mon Oct 6 10:05:00 EDT 2014

On 6 Oct 2014, at 14:35, Syd Bauman <syd at paramedic.wwp.northeastern.edu> wrote:

> I just actually looked at the mixedContent elementSpec, and found the
> following content model

you’re confusing the content model of <mixedContent> with the
schema which use of it would generate, I think?

> Otherwise the ODD processor is going to have to do "magic" akin to
> what we used to do with att.global in order to insert the reference to
> the PCDATA.

but the whole behaviour of <mixedContent> is intended as
a short cut. it makes decisions for you, and protects you from harm.

> (Also, this makes it very clear to an ODD-writer who uses
> mixed content that text nodes will be validated by matching against
> the RELAX NG <text/> pattern, not the RELAX NG "string" datatype, nor
> the RELAX NG "token" datatype, nor the W3C Schema "string" datatype,
> nor the W3C Schema "token" datatype.)

this dark and evil world of “text” is exactly why I am scared.
Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services

Não sou nada.
Nunca serei nada.
Não posso querer ser nada.
À parte isso, tenho em mim todos os sonhos do mundo.